Although sisters can sometimes drive you crazy for getting all up in your business or calling you out for being a bad girl, you should consider yourself pretty darn lucky that you even have one. That’s because sisters keep you on your toes and make life more interesting!
A sister is your cheerleader when you’re feeling blue, your best friend when you want to talk smack, and your mama bear when you need protecting. Studies have even shown that having a sister can make you happier and more well-adjusted than people who grew up with only brothers.
Having a sister is truly a gift, and here are 35 reasons why sisters totally rule!
1) She’s proud of you no matter what you do…or did.
And guess what else? She’s also the reason why you’re so ambitious ! Sisters who develop a close-knit bond also encourage each other to reach their full potential.
2) She lowers your chance of getting a divorce.
However, a study from Ohio State University shows that having siblings means that you have better odds of staying married! It turns out that having a sister makes you less self-centered and more mature as an adult, which of course are qualities that can help you weather the ups and downs of any relationship.
3) She makes you feel less crazy.
4) She gives you unconditional love even when you’ve been naughty.
5) Your sister paved the way so the road wouldn’t be so bumpy for you.
Because mom and dad have already had plenty of practice punishing your sister, they know what works and what doesn’t. That means the parental units are more lenient when you stay out past curfew, stumble through the front door drunk as a hobo, or dye your hair (and the bathroom walls) goth purple.
6) You can be yourself around your her.
7) She’ll tell you right away if your thighs look fat in those skinny jeans.
8) She’s the responsible one who looks out for you!
9) She drove you everywhere when you were in high school.
10) She lets you crash at her place and do whatever until 3am.
11) You can project your anger onto her and she won’t even get mad!
She understands that whatever hate you’re spewing is just your way of managing stress, and she won’t take it personally….as long as you don’t think the hole she cut in the crotch of your yoga pants is “personal.”
12) She can catapult your newbie ass up the career ladder.
13) She made you the person you are today
Thanks to your sister, you now have the wherewithal to stand your ground and spit dragon fire whenever you come up against a wall of stubborn bullies in the boardroom.
14) She gave you the lo-down on the adult stuff.
In fact, if it wasn’t for your older sister, you’d still probably think that Anna’s “foot size doesn’t matter” quip in Frozen was about feet!
15) You get to spend some quality time bonding over cheap wine and girl talk.
16) She’s someone you can play house with… “to infinity and beyond!”
17) She’s always cheering for you.
18) She’s the only person you can talk to about private family matters.
19) She’s your self-development guru.
20) She’s also your girl boss role model.
21) She doubles your inventory of everything!
22) She sets a good example for the family.
23) She won’t rat you out to your parents, teachers, or priest.
24) You both talk the same f’d up secret language.
Without saying a single word, an exchange of knowing glances between you and your sis can say anything from “touch it and die, betch” to “please pretend to be my girlfriend so I can get away from this horny creep at the bar.”
25) She transcends the space-time continuum.
26) She saves the day when you’re in need.
27) She’s the only one you trust with your kids.
28) She’s your mama bear.
29) She’s a good influence on your bad health habits.
30) She’s your rock.
31) She’s curated a list of…well, everything!
32) She’s more loyal than your doggo.
33) She’s the ultimate teacher.
She also teaches you about life lessons through her own experiences, like the painful divorce and custody battle she endured, or the DUI she got after a bender in college.
34) She’ll call you out when you’re being both Beavis and Butt-head.
35) She makes it feel like you’re never really alone.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.