Though COVID-19 has made us all afraid and anxious, there are plenty of reasons to remain hopeful.
With this global crisis has come an outpouring of compassion, support, and generosity from people dedicated to helping their fellow man. Here are 20 stories featuring the best of humanity to help you look on the bright side.
1. “ Meet Wynn , a service dog in training raised by Dr Ryan for comforting medical staff on the front lines of the coronavirus fight in Denver.”Twitter
2. “After 11 hospital days and losing 12kg, my 78yr old dad is home and recovered from Covid in Madrid!”Reddit
3. Against the odds, this 86-year-old beat COVID-19, then celebrated with her son!Facebook
4. “Crying at Winn Dixie. The woman in jeans stepped up and paid for the groceries of the young man in front of her whose card was declined.”
“He was on the phone frantically trying to figure out how to get $$ to pay. ‘We all have times like this,’ she said. People can be amazing.”Twitter
5. People are looking out for their four-legged neighbors, too.Facebook
6. CEOs are giving up their salaries to keep paying their employees.Twitter
7. A Nepal restaurant is feeding stranded tourists for free.Imgur
8. The owner of a fruit market in Italy finally got his chance to repay his neighbors’ kindness…Twitter
9. …as did a grateful refugee family.Twitter
10. Landlords are making sure their tenants still have roofs over their heads.Twitter
11. Companies are using their facilities to produce and donate hand sanitizer to heathcare workers and others who need it.Facebook
12. The Sikh community Turbans 4 Australia is delivering free meals to quarantined people around the country.Facebook
13. Allen Marshall uses $900 of his savings to buy gas for Detroit nurses
“I just love them and I want them to know that.”Click2Houston
14. “Our neighbour doesn’t have Wi-Fi, so we talked her through joining ours. Once on she received 70 messages from her children living overseas.”Reddit
15. “My 6th grader emailed her math teacher for some help, so he came over & worked through the problem with her on our front porch.”Twitter
16. People are sharing their essentials with complete strangers.Twitter
17. Professional boxer Amir Khan offered up his four-story building to be used as a hospital for patients with coronavirus.Facebook
18. This grandpa decided to fill his home with laughter by dying his hair purple.Twitter
19. “My Great-Uncle visits his wife every day.”
“She’s in an Assisted Living facility as she has Alzheimer’s, so he can’t go in right now for safety reasons. That doesn’t stop him from showing his endearing love.”Reddit
20. Finally, Arkansas doctor Jared Burks and other frontline healthcare workers are risking their lives and sacrificing time with family to save others.
On his first day off in two weeks, Jared drove an hour to greet his 1-year-old son, Zeke, outside their front door.Facebook
We may feel alone at times in self-isolation, but we’re all surrounded by heroes. To every person helping others in this time of need, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Share to spread hope and show others they aren’t alone.